Welcome to DOC’S NYC 2023 Fall Lacrosse Program for Boys 3rd - 9th Grade
Times/Field Locations are subject to change
In Our 28th Anniversary year, we offer a Fall program for 3rd - 10th graders. This program is meant for players with experience in our program, from other programs, and for beginning entry level players. Our Fall philosophy is teaching and thus player improvement by covering all aspects of the game. US Lacrosse Athlete Development Model concepts will be used in our curriculum.
· Ball Handling. It all starts here and there will be plenty of touches in each drill we offer.
· “Ground balls win games” so we work on this a lot.
· Moving, Catching and Throwing (MCT)—our coaches are obsessed with improving the ability of each player to advance the ball down the field in “game speed” conditions.
· Lacrosse Vision and IQ. Find the open teammate when attacking the goal.
· Shooting, shooting, and shooting (“time and room” and “on the run”; the fall is when players can get a lot of reps to develop shot making skills.
· Athleticism. Footwork, positioning, and guarding the ball and off the ball around the goal are the keys to defense in lacrosse and we will teach all these.
· Specialties. Face-offs, and goalie instruction are all taught by our coaches in these specialty positions.
Notes. Players will be grouped by age and skill level, with occasional mergers within larger groups for certain "full field" drills. Through an emphasis on repetitions in small groups/stations, we seek to improve stick skills, ball handling, and positioning needed for high level team play. Scrimmage play will be introduced in the later sessions includng short field games. A "play day" with another program may be added for the final session.
Staff: Our staff is made up of veteran Doc's coaches and guest coaches. All coaches are lead by Founder and Director Mat Levine.
Sessions: 6 total. 6 instructional sessions with the last one designed as a "play day" using short field game format.
September 10th, 17th, 24th,
October 1st, 15th, 22nd
Rain Dates: October 29th, November 12th
Times: CLICK HERE or go the homepage for complete Fall Program Clinic schedule
Locations: Use Link above for Location Detail on Randall's Island (by session)
Required Equipment: Regular Boy/Men's Lacrosse stick, helmet, mouthguard, shoulder pads, arm pads, gloves, athletic supporter with cup, appropriate footwear, and a labeled Water bottle that cannot be shared or touched by other players! See our website for where to purchase equipment. We recommend Lacrosse Unlimited by phone or their stores. Email us if you need help before purchasing.
Registration: All Players must have an active US Lacrosse Membership and be registered in the program. (On the 1st day ALL PLAYERS WILL RECEIVE A REVERSIBLE PINNY.) To organize our sessions with proper age group and skill level planning, any Covid-19 protocols that may need to be added, and for required record-keeping, it is imperative that families register in advance. "Walk-in" registration will be very limited and not guaranteed and will still require proof of a USA Lacrosse Membership.
Required USA Lacrosse Membership Link Click HERE
Cost: $695 (Early Bird special $625 until 8/14/2023)
Scholarship Assistance. If needed, please reach out to us directly. We want to ensure every child has the opportunity to play lacrosse! Mat.Levine@citylax.org;
Read this Note: After September 8th, we CANNOT offer REFUNDS due to our session planning, staffing commitments, and/ or due to changes of heart. Refunds (less an administrative fee) after September 8th will ONLY be given for medical issues documented by a physician's note. As an alternative, a credit can be offered to a future Doc's NYC Lacrosse program if requested on or before September 8.
Open to: Boys
In Grades: 2 to 9 for 2023-24 School year